This recipe will always be one of our favorites.. Our famous traditional hearty apple pie has always been a hit with families. We hope it will become one of your favorites as well
We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1.5 hours
Here’s what you will need
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup uncooked long grain White Rice
- 1 Cup Water
- 6 Green bell Peppers
- 2 Cans Tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
Let’s get started!
- To begin combine a cup of uncooked white rice and 3/4 of a cup of water into a small sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to low and simmer it for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Cuts the tops off 4 green bell peppers.
- Remove the seeds from the insides using a sharp knife.
- Arrange the peppers in a large baking dish and chop up the useful portions of the cut off pepper tops.
- Next we will slice and slice an Onion, and chop up two table spoons of fresh parsley.
- Then heat 4 table spoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped peppers and onions, and saute until they are very soft – Around 5 minutes.
- Stir in 8 ounces of textured vegetable protein, this is usually soy based, but can also be made from cotton seed, wheat or oats.
- Now it is time to add in the chopped parsley.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- At this point, add and mix in the cooked rice as well as 1 1/3 of canned tomato sauce.. stir and mix everything well.
- You can now season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste, we recommend 1 teaspoon of salt and a light sprinkle of pepper with your finger tips.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, dividing it equally between all the peppers.
- Spoon 2/3 of a cup of tomato sauce evenly over the stuffed peppers.
- Loosely cover the dish with foil, and bake the peppers in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- Now uncover the pan, and sprinkle 4 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese over the peppers.
- Return the pan to the oven. and continue baking until the cheese has melted.
- Viola.. Enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.