This savory and sweet side dish is sure to be a breakfast favorite.
Makes 6 servings. 1 cup per serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup vegetable oil.
- 2 cups frozen or fresh chopped bell peppers and onions.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes(about 2 medium sweet potatoes), peeled and cut into small cubes.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2. Sauté bell peppers and onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and reduce heat to medium.
- 4. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. Sweet potatoes may begin to stick to the skillet, but continue to stir gently until they cook through. Serve while hot.
Nutrition information per serving:
calories 244, carbohydrate 38 g, dietary Fiber 4 g, Protein 3 g, total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, trans Fat 0 g, cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 407 mg