Roasted Veggie Pasta
Heres an extremely easy recipe for those wanting to incorporate more veggies into their diet in a really simple and effective way. This dish can served as a main dish for a side dish for any meal in the day.
we’re sure that you will enjoy this simple and refreshing recipe!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Here’s what you will need
- 1/4 Pound fresh asparagus
- 2 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 Pound mushrooms, sliced
- 10 Cloves roasted Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Tomato, quartered
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped fresh oregano 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 250g dry Fettuccini noodles
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Tapenade
This is a wonderful rustic Italian pasta dish it can be dressed up or down, with your choice of accompaniments
Let’s get started!
- Start by Pre heating the oven to 350 degrees.
- The first step is to roast 10 cloves of garlic in the oven.
- Smash them and leave the skin on, and roast them on a baking tray for 35 minutes, (or until the garlic is soft and fragrant).
- While this is happening we will prepare the other vegetables, trim off the bottom stems on a quarter pound of fresh asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus diagonally into 4 inch pieces.
- Next we will core, seed and slice 2 Red bell Peppers.
- Slice a quarter pound of mushrooms and quarter half of a tomato.
- Chop a half teaspoon of rosemary and a half teaspoon of fresh oregano.
- when the roasted garlic is ready, Peel and roughly chop it.
- Now we can place all the vegetables in a roasting pan.
- In order to ensure that the all flavours of the veggies mix thoroughly together while roasting, mix the rosemary and oregano together in a bowl with two table spoons of Olive Oil.
- Now pour and Share the Herb Oil over the veggies and ensure that all veggies are nicely coated with the herb mixture, Make sure to Toss all the veggies and make sure there is an even distribution of oil throughout the dish
- Now all that is left to do.. is to roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 15 minutes!
- (You can also stir them halfway to make sure that all the veggies roast evenly).
- While the Veggies are roasting away in the oven, Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.. add in 8 ounces of dry fettechini pasta, and allow the pasta to boil for between 8 to 10 minutes until the pasta is well cooked.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add the fettachini to a serving bowl.
- Next add as many roasted vegetables on top of the pasta as you see fit.
- You can then add a quarted cup of grated Parmesan cheese, and two tablespoons of tapenard.
(tapenard is a condiment from Provence, which is a blend of finely chopped olives, capers, anchovies and olive oil).
- Finally, Toss the Pasta Gently to mix the cheese and tapenard nicely with the veggies.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.