Roasted Brussels Sprouts
This week we are focusing on Brussel Sprouts, heres an easy recipe for those wanting to incorporate more Brussel Sprouts into their diet in a really simple and effective way. This dish can served as a main dish for a side dish for any meal in the day.
We’re sure that you will enjoy this simple and healthy recipe!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 45 Minutes
Here’s what you will need
- 1 Pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise.
- 500g small Onions, stem and root ends trimmed.
- 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges.
Let’s get started!
- First we will Preheat an oven to 230 degrees C.
- We will start this process by filling a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place Brussels sprouts in water and cook for 2 minutes.
- After this, remove the sprouts from the water and transfer them to ice water to cool. Drain and Set aside.
- Next we will place the onions in boiling water and cook them until nearly tender (about 10 minutes).
- Remove the onions from the water, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Melt some butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Stir brussels sprouts and onions together and toss with butter to coat. Stir in some salt and black pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and roast until golden and tender – (15 to 20 minutes).
- Once removed from oven – Garnish the sprouts with lemon wedges and serve.
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.