Here is our family classic carton cake recipe. This recipe has stood the test of time and is a sure favorite.. The batter can also be used for cupcakes!.. Enjoy
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1hr 40 min
Servings: 8 – 12
Here’s what you will need
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups all-purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Cups shredded Carrots
- 1 Cup flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 Can Crushed Pineapple with juice
- 1 Cup Raisins
Let’s get started!
- Lets start by pre-heating the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Next, grease and lightly flour an 8 by 12 In baking pan.
- Now using a grater, shred enough carrots to make 2 full cups. 3 to 4 medium sized carrots should do the trick and use the finest strainer on the grater.
- Next in a medium bowl with a fine mesh strainer add two cups of all purpose flour, together with two tea spoons of baking soda. Next add a quarter tea spoon of salt and two tea spoons of ground cinnamon and sift it all together.
- In another large bowl add 3 medium sized eggs with three quarters of a cup of butter milk. Next add one and a half cups of white sugar, three quarters of a cup of vegetable oil and two tea spoons of vanilla extract and mix all of these wet ingredients together well.
- Next into the same bowl add in the flour mixture and mix it well again.
- Next in another large bowl, combine your two cups of shredded carrots, with one cup of flakes coconut, a cup of chopped walnuts. Add in one 8 ounce can of chopped pineapples with juice and one cup of raisins and combine this mixture well.
- Once the carrot mixture is well combined.. add it to the batter and fold and mix everything together well.
- Now we can pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Once the batter has cooked for an hour, test to see if its done by inserting a toothpick into its center and seeing if it comes out easily and clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- You can serve this carrot cake plain, or garnished with your favorite cream cheese icing.
- This recipe can also be used for cupcakes!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.