Brussels sprouts are incredibly nutritious vegetable that offers protection from vitamin A deficiency, bone loss, iron-deficiency anemia, and believed to protect from cardiovascular diseases and colon and prostate cancers.
Brussels sprouts are one vegetable which many can kind find very hard to supplement easily with generic healthy recipes. How can we incorporate these incredibly healthy vegetables into our everyday diet?
Here we introduce our Lemon-Marinated Brussels Sprouts With Parsley and Shallots Recipe!.. a favorite in the winter as Brussel Sprouts can greatly support our health suring the cold winter months. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts.
- 3/4 Cup Olive Oil.
- 2 Lemons, zested and juiced.
- 2 Large shallots, peeled and sliced.
- 1/2 Cup parsley, chopped fine.
- 4 Large cloves Garlic, minced.
- Freshly-ground black pepper.
- Clean the Brussels sprouts and trim off the bottom 1/4 inch of their core, removing any loose leaves as you do so. Pierce their cores with a small paring knife or a vegetable peeler.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and set it aside or in the sink. Bring an inch of salted water to boil in a large pot. Add the sprouts and cover. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sprouts are just barely tender. Cut one in half to check.
- Drain the sprouts and plunge immediately into the bowl of cold water. Leave them there for a few moments then drain again.
- Cut the sprouts in half and put in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then toss with the lemon zest, shallots, parsley, and minced garlic.
- Make the dressing: Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together vigorously until thick and pale yellow.
- Pour the dressing over and toss. Refrigerate for at least an hour – but be aware that these are really better a day after cooking.
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.