This recipe will always be one of our favorites, Our traditional and hearty apple pie has always been a hit with families. We hope it will become one of your favorites as well.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ready In: 1.5 hours
Here’s what you will need
- 1 Recipe Pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 Cup unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup white Sugar
- 1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 8 Granny Smith Apples – peeled, cored and sliced
Let’s get started!
- Lets start by peeling and coring 8 granny smith apples, and thinly slice them.
- Set the apples aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Now in a sauce pan melt half a cup of unsalted butter.
- Stir in three tables spoons of all purpose flour, and cook that together for a minute or so.
- Then stir in half a cup of white sugar and half a cup of packed brown sugar along with a quarter cup of water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer,
simmer for 5 minutes before removing it from the heat.
- We are aiming to make a 9 inch double crust pie, for ease you can simple buy ready to bake pie crust or pastry sheets, we will be using ready made pie crust in this recipe.
- Now place the bottom of your pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan, and fill the pan with the apple slices.
- Next, roll out the top crust so that it will overhang over the pie by about half and inch.
- Using a sharp knife, cut and slice the top pie crust into 1 inch strips.
- Alternately layer and weave the strips to create a lattice work top crust.
- Seal and crimp the edges.
- Gently pour the butter and sugar mixture over the crust, being careful to ensure that the mixture covers and seeps into the pie from all angles.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 180 degrees and continue baking the pie for another 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve the apple pie hot or cold.
- Garnish with whipped cream, ice cream or a slice of cheddar.
- Bon appetite!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.