Once you taste this you will never go back to the marshmallow topped variety. We hope it will become one of your favorites!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 min
Ready In: 1 hour 25 min
Here’s what you will need
- 5 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup white Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup chopped Pecan nuts
Let’s get started!
- To begin, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, lightly grease a 9 by 13 inch baking dish using shortening, butter, or cooking spray.
- Bake 5 sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes until they begin to soften.
- You can also boil or cook them in the microwave if you prefer.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool slightly and then peel them.
- Once they are all peeled, mash them in a large bowl.
- Next add together in a big bowl; a quarter teaspoon of salt, a quarter cup of butter, 2 eggs, 1 tea spoon of vanilla extract, half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, half a cup of sugar, and two table spoons of heavy cream – And mix all of these ingredients together well!
- Once all mixed together, transfer the mixture to the greased baking dish, and smooth the mixture out evenly so that it cover all angles of the dish.
- Now we will start making the topping.
- We will start by adding a quarter cup of softened butter into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- We will then add three table spoons of all purpose flour, three quarters of a cup of packed brown sugar and half a cup of chopped walnuts.
- Mix these all together with a pastry blender, or a fork until its the consistency of coarse meal.
- Sprinkle the topping over the smoothed out sweet potato mixture, so that it covers the top in an even fashion.
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes, until the topping is crisp and lightly browned.
- Gourmet sweet potato classic is the perfect accompaniment to any meal.. Enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.