Our Famous Banana Bread Recipe is moist and delicious with loads of banana flavour, friends and family will be sure to love it.. Its also wonderful toasted!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 min
Ready In: 1 hour 20 min
Servings: 1 loaf
Here’s what you will need
- 2 Cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 Cups mashed overripe Bananas
Let’s get started!
- Lets start by preheating the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 X 15 inch loaf pan with softened butter or vegetable oil spray.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine 2 cups of all purpose flour with a teaspoon of baking soda and a quarter teaspoon of salt.
- You can lightly bring this all together with a whisk.
- Now in a different bowl, mix together half a cup of butter which has been softening at room temperature, with three quarters of a cup of brown sugar.
- Then beat two eggs in a separate bowl and add those to the mixture
- Whisk all of these ingredients together well!
- And now, mash 4 to 5 overripe bananas in new bowl. In the end you are looking for 2 1/3 cups of mashed banana, so use as many bananas as you need.
- Now we can stir the Banana mixture into the flour mixture
- Mix it all just to moisten the mixture, you don’t wanna overwork the flour!
- Once all mixed together, pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the filled pan into the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out easily and clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out to serve.
- Viola Enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.