Creamy & Delicious Asparagus Soup
In light of our docus this week on the health benefits of asparagus, Heres an extremely easy recipe for those wanting to incorporate more asparagus into their diet in a really simple and effective way. This dish can served as a main dish for a side dish for any meal in the day.
we’re sure that you will enjoy this simple and refreshing recipe!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 15 Minutes
Here’s what you will need
- 1 Pound asparagus, rinsed trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- 3/4 Cup onion, chopped (a little less than one medium onion).
- 1 3/4 Cup vegetable broth.
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter.
- 2 Tablespoons flour.
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper.
- 1 Pinch nutmeg.
- 1 Cup skim milk (or soy, if your prefer).
- 1/2 Cup plain yogurt.
- 1 Teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- Parmesan cheese to garnish (optional).
- Chives, chopped to garnish (optional).
Why not celebrate the turn of spring with a delicious spring-worthy soup?
Let’s get started!
- Prepare the Asparagus by cutting half centimeter off the the shoots. (You might want to cut the Asparagus into smaller slices or leaves the spears as they are, each will be suitable for this recipe.)
- Slice and dice an onion.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring the asparagus and onion to boil in 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook until the asparagus is tender.
- Place the cooked asparagus in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, melt a small block of butter. Whisk constantly while stirring in flour, salt pepper, and nutmeg, cooking for about 2 minutes. Pour in remaining vegetable oil in bring heat up to medium, stirring until it boils.
- Add asparagus/onion mixture and milk into the saucepan, stirring constantly until evenly distributed.
- You can now stir in the yogurt and lemon juice. Continue stirring until the soup is hot.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and/or some chopped chives if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.