Our Famous Butternut Squash Soup
This thick rich soup has a ton of flavour. Its super easy, quick, and a great way to use squash. Among the many benefits, butternut is high in fiber and is a fantastic food for the heart. This recipe is a really simple and delicious way to incorporate more butternut into your diet.
We hope you enjoy this simple and delicious recipe!
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 1 hr 10 mins
Here’s what you will need
- 2 Tablespoons butter.
- 1 Small Onion, chopped.
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped.
- 1 Medium Carrot, chopped.
- 2 Medium Potatoes, cubed.
- 1 Medium Butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed.
- 1 500ml container Chicken Stock.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Start by peeling and chopping one onion.
- Clean and chop one tall stalk of celery.
- Clean and chop one tall carrot.
- Cube two medium potatoes.
- Prepare 1 medium sized butternut squash by peeling and chopping it into equal 1 inch blocks.
Let’s get started!
- Lets start by melting the butter in a large pot, let the butter simmer until it is completely liquid.
- Next we will add the onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, and squash, and cook these ingredients in the butter for 5 minutes (or until lightly browned). Making sure that all the ingredients are mixed well and that all the ingredients are coated in the butter.
- Next we will pour in enough of the chicken stock into the pot to cover vegetables, and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover pot and allow the soup to simmer for around 40 minutes (or until all vegetables are tender).
- In order to liquidize the mixture further we will need to transfer the soup to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and mix in any remaining stock to attain the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.