Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready In: 45 min
Servings: 16 muffins
Here’s what you will need
- 1 Cup white Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon grated Lemon Zest
- 3 Cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups fresh Blueberries
Let’s get started!
- Lets start by preheating the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 16 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, we’ll need to do this for about 3 minutes.
- Next we can Stir in the eggs one by one until they are well mixed in. Add in vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Next add in some Whisk sour cream (one of the secrets to the recipe), the milk, and lemon zest into the butter mixture and mix together until the mixture is smooth.
- In another small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Be sure to run the whisk through in order to aerate the mixture. Whisk until there is an even spread of the ingredients.
- Stir half of the flour bowl mixture into the butter bowl mixture and stir together until both mixtures are well combined.
- Add remaining half of flour bowl mixture and the blueberries into the stirred batter, folding together until all is just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. You can fill them up so that the mixture is just above the muffin cup top.
- Place muffin cups on center rack of the pre-heated oven and bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean – about 30 minutes.
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.