This Hearty and wholesome soup is sure to be a favourite this winter
It’s time for some comfort food. This healthy soup just makes you want to curl up and hide from winter or at least forget how cold it is outside. Why buy this classic in a can, when you can make a fresh batch quickly. Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 35 Minutes Cook time: 50 Minutes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil.
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped.
- 2 Onions, chopped.
- 2 Cups chopped celery.
- 5 Carrots, sliced.
- 2 Cups chicken broth.
- 2 Cups water.
- 4 Cups tomato sauce.
- 1/2 Cup red wine. (optional)
- 1 Cup canned kidney beans, drained.
- 1 Can green beans.
- 2 Cups baby spinach, rinsed.
- 3 Zucchinis, quartered and sliced.
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Oregano.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1/2 Cup seashell pasta.
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil.
- In a large stock pot, over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots, saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water and tomato sauce, bring to boil, stirring frequently. (If desired add red wine at this point).
- Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, green beans, spinach leaves, zucchini, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the longer the better.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and cook until tender. Drain water and set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked and soup is heated through place 2 tablespoons cooked pasta into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle soup on top of pasta and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Spray with olive oil and serve.
This recipe is referenced from AllRecipes.com with our compliments.